or N Do you have a current marketing/sales plan that includes government marketing strategies and
- Y or N Have you established a travel budget to support engagement in targeted
outreach/training at local, national, and/or international events?
- Y or N Have you established a strong elevator speech that is less than .45
seconds long? Visit http://www.expressionsofexcellence.com/sample_elevator.html for some examples.
- Y or N Have you established customized, government-centric capability statements
for each target agency/prime contractor?
- Y or N Have you registered in System for Award Management (SAM) and completed
your SBA profile on the Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS)?
- Y or N Have you completed/are you willing to complete in depth research to
determine government and prime contractor targets to find out which agencies and companies are most likely to buy your products/services?
- Y or N Have you developed capture management strategies for your business,
including a call plan listing 2 - 4
potential target agencies/prime contractors/teaming partners?
- Y or N Have you registered at https://www.fbo.gov/ to receive solicitation notices [>$25K] from the federal government?
- Y or N Have you registered with any state/local agency or commercial company to
receive solicitation notices?
- Y or N Have you responded to any government solicitations?
- Y or N As a responsible, prospective [sub] contractor, do you have
adequate financial resources to perform on contracts,
or the ability to obtain resources? (See 9.104-3(a). or non military Acceptable evidence normally consists of a commitment or explicit arrangement that exists at the time of contract
award, to rent, purchase, or otherwise acquire the needed facilities, equipment, other resources, or personnel.
- Y or N Can you comply with the required or proposed delivery or performance
schedule, considering all existing commercial
and governmental business commitments?
- Y or N Do you have a satisfactory performance record?
Subpart 19.6, and Subpart 42.15).
- Y or N Do you have a satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics?
(See Subpart 42.15).
- Y or N Do you have the necessary organization, experience, accounting and
operational controls, and technical skills,
or the ability to obtain them? (Including, as appropriate, such elements as production control procedures,
control systems, quality assurance measures, and safety programs applicable to materials to be produced or services
to be performed by the prospective contractor and subcontractors). (See 9.104-3 (a)).
- Y or N Do you have the necessary production, construction, and technical
equipment and facilities, or the ability to obtain them? (See 9.104-3(a)).
- Y or N Are you qualified and eligible to receive an award under
applicable laws and regulations? (See also inverted domestic corporation prohibition at 9.108).
- Y or N Do you have “adequate security”
according to DFARS 252.204-7012 Click http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars/html/current/252204.htm#252.204-7012 and FAR 52.204-21? Click https://www.acquisition.gov/far/html/52_200_206.html#wp1155195 for compliance
- Y or N Do you want to ‘prime’ contracts?
See 9.1—Responsible Prospective Contractors. Generally, prospective prime contractors
are responsible for determining the responsibility of their prospective subcontractors (See 9.405 and 9.405-2 regarding debarred,
ineligible, or suspended firms). Determinations of prospective subcontractor responsibility may affect the government’s determination of the prospective prime contractor’s responsibility.
A prospective contractor may be required to provide written evidence of a proposed subcontractor’s responsibility.
- Y or N Do you have contingency plans such as risk management,
emergency management/disaster recovery, succession planning, customer service, cybersecurity, bid protest strategy (In the future, bid protests may include a fee.), exit strategy, and